Sunday, March 28, 2010

Don't cry because it's over...

...smile because it happened.

Sometimes we go through things that don't seem very fair at all. Sometimes the things we are going through seem rough, tainted, or out of sorts to normal life.
But you know what? We need to thank God for the trials. Trials are what make us strong. How would we get strong in the Lord if we didn't have trials? "If you aren't ever in a trial, something's wrong." I remember one misister saying. And that's true. If you aren't in a trial, then the devil isn't testing you, which means he sees no need to test you. And if he sees no need to test you, then he doesn't need your soul. And if he doesn't need your soul, he already has it. And if the devil has your soul, well, that's a whole nother chat.
What I'm trying to say is trials are good for us, even if, when we're in the trial, we can't see the good.

I haven't opened my blog to comments in a long time. I'm doing so on this post. Please, feel free to comment if you have anything to add, any trial that you've overcome, or the like. Or maybe just a scripture. =)

~Emily

3 comments:

  1. Emily, I enjoy your posts very much. I'm glad you had fun in Arizona.

    One of the hardest things I've ever been through was when God took my big brother from me. He was over in Iraq, and a grenade got planted in his truck.
    When I got the news, I sat down and cried. I believe dad called mom and she was in the dentist office, and I was at school.
    God has really helped me since then, but it's still hard, knowing that he wasn't a Christian and all.

    Keep up the good blog posts! I enjoy hearing about how much fun someone else my age is having. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I said this to you before, but I wanted to say it again. . . experiencing even the deepest trials with Jesus as guide is the most glorious and awesome experience. Every path He leads us down, however dark it seems at first, will make us more like Him if we follow in perfect faith. And that is something worth giving our all for.

    "Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee. Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him." - Deuteronomy 8:5-6

    "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:26-28

    "Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls." 1Peter 1:6-9

    "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might." Ephesians 6:10

    "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." James 1:12

    I didn't mean to bombard you with so many scriptures. . . they just kept coming! I'm sure you won't mind;)
    Those who love the Lord and trust in Him will, like you said, only grow stronger with each trial sent their way. Let us not let a single one go to waste - the harder the tests we endure, the closer we draw to our Saviour!

    Thank you for your encouraging post. I'm so glad to call you my friend.

    Love in Christ,

    ~Kellie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kellie and Kate for your comments, I presume there will be more to come. =)
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete